4.10.2014

Before You Speak

There have been several changes in my life recently, but right now I don't feel like talking about them... or much else for that matter.  I read something the other day that made me think a lot about the amount of talking/typing I do: Before you speak, ask yourself if you can improve the silence.  Since the honest answer to that question is usually a "no" for me, I'll spare you more words and leave you with images from a gorgeous day that Barry and I spent together earlier this week, hiking at one of his favorite mountain biking spots in the Columbia River Gorge.  Halfway in, I laid on the grass and took a nap in the sun and felt which felt just about perfect.



6 comments:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

Between living alone, having a boyfriend who describes himself as "a man of few words," and attending Quaker meetings these past 3 years, I have become much more quiet. It's nice.

Be well, my friend.

Mom said...

I like to read whatever you write, hear your voice whenever you call and what you have to say,and always enjoy seeing your photographs. Love, Mom

Connie said...

Lovely pictures, thanks for sharing them. We are here when you want to share. Silence is good to a point, but you are a valuable person with valuable thoughts and opinions, worthy of expression.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are in a lovely spot in life...why blog?

Anonymous said...

Sorry...that didn't come out quite right. What I meant to say is that it's okay not to always comment on life. Best to you and enjoy the silence. It's truly not as bad as others make it out to be.

Mike Nettleton said...

Word. Every time I blog I have writer's regret as I doubt I've ever improved the silence. But like some of the other comments here, improvement is relative and what you might feel is contamination is simply communication to someone else.